Why 30 Was My Year of Massive Changes and Growth
In less than 24 hours, I will turn 31. My year 30 on this planet was one of the best and most challenging years of my life. Here’s a breakdown of the lessons I learned:
- Do what makes YOU happy.
- Stand up for yourself. Whether in business, career, or personal relationships. Always, always, ALWAYS choose you first.
- Nobody is going to look out for you unless you look out for yourself first.
- When Beyoncé said, “Business and polite don’t match,” she was right. They don’t and probably never will. You can be fair and kind, but politeness won’t get you the respect and money you deserve.
- Your intuition is never wrong. Trust it.
- When you quit your “good job” with the good benefits and other incentives to make you put up with bullsh*t, everybody will think you’re crazy. Including you.
- If you don’t have anyone depending on you for survival, quit the “good job” that you hate. Take the risk at least once in your life.
- Go see some world. And see as much of it as you can, as often as you can. Don’t wait until you retire and don’t wait for anyone. You could die before that person is ready, or before you retire. Hell, you could die tomorrow.
- Buy more experiences, not things.
- Create ideas, build them, get people excited… and let it go when it’s time to move on. Do you.
- Your family will get on your nerves, but will ALWAYS have your back.
- You will outgrow friendships, even really close ones, and that’s ok. Learn to let it go and move on.
- See a therapist. Mental and emotional wellbeing is important.
- SAVE and INVEST your money.
- Don’t share big ideas with small-minded people. You’ll scream in their face.
- As a matter of fact, stay away from small-minded people.
- Don’t share entrepreneurial goals with employee-mindset people. Not to be confused with #15 and #16.
- Trust yourself.
- “A man will only do what you will allow for him to do.” Should be changed to, “PEOPLE will only do what you will allow for them to do.” See #2 and #4.
- You will not be the same person you were a year ago. And you’re not supposed to be. If you are, you’re not stretching yourself enough.
- Exercise and eat right. You only got one life and one body.
- Dream BIG. And whatever your biggest dream is, dream even BIGGER.
- Surround yourself with people who are where you want to be.
- Create the life you want to live. And then recreate it whenever you want.
- Love and respect yourself.